Call of Duty Infinite Warfare has done some good things for the players, including the New rig Suits which counter one another in a rock-paper-scissors style. There is no best rig but they boost the capabilities of a player in certain areas such as agility or toughness. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare a Guide to Rigs
Description: Made with speed and agility in mind, the FTL prefers mobility over passive defense. This mobility allows it to quickly get into the kill radius of an enemy and take them down. It is difficult to lock down an FTL and a nightmare to deal with one once they come around. Thus the nickname “Assassin”.
- Eraser – A compact experimental energy-based handgun that evaporates enemies.
- FTL Jump – A localized FTL burst that moves you a short distance forward.
- Phase Shift – Displaces you into another dimension, avoiding damage. Other phased players can engage you.
- Perception – receive HUD notifications when enemies off-screen are looking in your direction.
- Power Slide – enhanced sliding capability that increases speed, distance, and allows you to ADS while sliding. Also has a greatly diminishing boost cost.
- Supercharge – killing enemies will drop cooldown packs that help your team boost their super meters.
Best For: Players who enjoy agility and are above average in terms of skill. This is a difficult Rig to play well and requires good flick aim to excel with. But those who master it are a force to be reckoned with in every match.
Our Rating: 4/5. The FTL is currently one of the highest performing Rigs, with a strong set of abilities that give it a strong edge over most other Rigs in 1v1 situations provided the player is skilled.
Merc [GameRevolution’s #1 Choice]
Description: This is the frontline Rig that is best suited for heading into contested territory before teammates. It can pressure a group of enemies quickly and decisively, enforcing its will with Shockwave and damage mitigation traits.
- Infusion – Regenerates health faster after taking damage.
- Man-At-Arms – Rig augmentations allow for carrying heavier loads with minimal effort. Start with maximum ammo capacity and weapons don’t impact movement.
- Shockwave – Press a button in midair to activate a devastating slam.
- Steel Dragon – Heavy beam based weapon with multi-target tracking.
- Bull Charge – Equips you with an armored riot shield to penetrate enemy defenses, or quickly take out opponents that stand in your way.
- Reactive Armor – This high-voltage armor system vaporizes incoming small arms fire.
Best For: Players who enjoy being the first to go in. This Rig requires courage and quick decision making, but makes up for it by being a dangerous bludgeoning force in the frontline.
Our Rating: 5/5. The Merc has the best sustainability in the game. Its health regeneration and high ammunition allow it to stay alive for long periods of time while it works toward devastating Scorestreaks, and can also carry a larger set of equipment into battle.
Description: Welcome to the sniper’s Rig. Using this, you will be hard to detect, capable of moving around the battlefield picking off enemies while they grow increasingly concerned with you.
- Heightened Senses – While in ADS with sniper rifles, gain increased audio from nearby enemies. Warning blips will also tell you if enemies are nearby.
- Marked Target – Damaging enemies will mark them for death, preventing health regeneration for five seconds. Marked enemies that are killed by teammates will award you with a bonus score.
- Rearguard – Spawn in with a back shield that protects against attacks from behind. While the shield is active, melee attacks from anywhere but the front are negated.
- Active Camo – Renders you almost invisible.
- Ballista EM3 – Highly accurate electromagnetic projectile launcher with increased penetration capability, to take out the enemy and pin them to the wall.
- Pulsar – Advanced EM sensor allows you to visualize enemy positions.
Best For: Stealth oriented players. This Rig requires patience, but will instill fear in the opponent while potentially achieving the highest KDR average in the match, even if that doesn’t necessarily mean it got a lot of kills.
Our Rating: 2/5. Infinite Warfare is a very fast paced game that doesn’t lend itself well to sniping or stealth play. This Rig is very situational, and while fun, tends to put up low numbers.